Teach.com is a resource for current and aspiring teachers. I began writing for this site at its inception, helping to forge the content strategy and write detailed information on state-by-state certification requirements, degree options, and career paths.
As the managing editor of Teach.com from 2012 - 2014, I grew our blog into a trusted news source, reporting on developing stories and emerging trends in the education sphere. Though I've written dozens of articles and blogs, the following writing samples showcase some of my favorites.
Select pieces from the Teach.com blog.
- Guest Blog: "Turns Out Arresting Kids in School Is Totally a Race Thing", published on Education Post.
- Sparking their Interest: Engaging Students with "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire"
- Dignity for All: Protecting Our Students from Bullying [VIDEO]
- Sex Education vs Abstinence Education: Part 1 | Part 2
- Teaching through Tragedy: How Teachers and Schools Respond to Crisis
- An Infographic the Teach.com team put together, the Summer Reading Flowchart. (Picked up by Upworthy as 101 Books To Read This Summer Instead of '50 Shades of Grey').